Saturday, September 27, 2008

reconnecting with the past

So....I ToTally love it when I reconnect with old high school friends. It's the GREATest! I mean, take the other day for example. I agreed to meet up with an old friend at the local park with our kiddos in tow. It was great! From the minute she stepped out of her shiny car with her kids in Matching outfits and the DoG in a matching sweater and hair all done up I knew that it had definately been one of the best ideas EVER!!!! It was so GREAT to catch up and hear about the home that they ALMost bought ($750,000 with a slide in the play room...how cool is that???), but decided not too, how "Gifted" their children are, how incredibly smart her HuBby is, and how righteous they are....I almost did my happy dance right there at the pArk! I mean, it was FABULOSO! She told me all about the great state of NM and how she was sooooo glad that she no longer had to put up with all the 'blue collar' workers that they lived by, "because you know what I mean,....they, uhm.................loooong AWKWARD pause.......nothing, nothing, nothing...). I said oh, the blue collar workers like MMM (my main man) the teacher? Or maybe the ones who fix your car? build your house? install your TV stations (oh yeah, you don't watch TV, right! righteous, I forgot...my bad)? stock your grocery shelves? give you your maincures and pedicures? Yeah...it must have really been the pits! I am sure that they were SOOOOOO sad and upset to lose such a prominent accepting citizen as yourself.

My AbSOlute favorite though has got to be all the Social networks. We have this site for our graduating class. SO MUCH LOVE! My buddy big J recently joined and it was great to hear about his life on his swanky profile. I was SOOO EXCITED for him when I read that he "married his trophy wife the first time around so that he didn't have to upgrade later".....come on, really J???? J's got such a lucky wife. I mean, it's TOTally cool that she not only married a highly paid surgeon/dentist/you know, but an insightful, kind, and SUPER sweet guy! WHAT A TREAT!

No comments: